Friday, November 30, 2012

Listen to the Consenants Man!

At 11:30 PM on Thanksgiving Day my wife and I were standing in a line outside the local Windows store waiting for Black Friday where we were about to score a $40 case for my new Surface computer, for free.  We were two of about 60 people in line and as we waited a fellow came out of the store with a bag full of T shirts to give to as many of us as possible.  They bore the colored four flags Windows logo.  As he worked his way up the line he repeated several times that unfortunately he mostly had only two sizes, small and Excell.  I didn't get what in the world he meant, but when he got to me it turned out he did have a large and I was glad to receive it. As I did I asked him to repeat what the other sizes were.  Again he said, "mostly small and Excell." 

I said, "Let me look" and then I saw that sure enough, mostly what he had were Smalls and XL's.

This morning as I got dressed for my workout class I found on the top of the T shirt pile in my dresser drawer, my new Windows shirt.  Its turn in the rotation had arrived and I was glad because I planned to stop by the Windows store after exercising to ask some questions about my Surface.  I was fully prepared to show my new T shirt should the opportunity arise.  I thought it might help make things go well.  Well, I got to the store and got to my business.  At a certain point we were going over the particulars of my purchase of the Surface two weeks earlier and the fellow asked me if I had got a shirt.  I was ready for that.  "Yes, I did get a shirt!"  I said proudly, opening my coat to reveal same. 

The guy looked at me kind of funny like and said,  "No.  What I asked was, 'Did you get Assurance - when you bought your computer?'"  Assurance is the name they have for the insurance one can buy against damage to one's new play thing.

"No,"  I said, closing my coat.



No comments:

Post a Comment